Tuesday 8 March 2011

slightly tipsy..

so tonight the boyfriend is working, and because im a wimp i wont sleep whilst he is out so to pass time i have cracked open a few bottles of wine and popped my creative mind on!! so please excuse me if im talking about rediculous things!! first things first.. i saw on my mums blog she was worried about Sir Broccoli(my kitty) as he was moving home, he is settling in wonderfully!! though he wont leave my side!!..
following me whilst i put the bins out..
waiting for me to come up stairs..
pestering me whilst i check out the blog land!!

anyhoo, back to what im here for!! so about being sick off art, i got 2 new books, the first, The Guerilla Art Kit, and the second, Wreck This Journal, both by Keri Smith. they have really helped me! i am full of insperation now! the only thing is it has nothing to do with uni!! on monday i decided **** it!! im going to speak to my tutor about the problems im having, first i spoke to my lecture tutor who has agreed to help me with my disitation, then i spoke to my main tutor about my artistic block, suprisingly he was really good about it! i told him how little work i have managed to do and that i dont feel like doing it any more. he has agreed to spend a few hours with me this week to try and get my insperation back, which instantly helped me help myself!!

>another bottle down...<

so about tonights ideas!! i've been reading The Guerilla Ary Kit and it has given me LOADS of ideas!! i feel it is getting me more excited because its slightly naughty and different!! a few of my ideas are..
  • making vegetable patches in unusual places
  • putting christmas decorations on a tree in the park
  • wheat pasting old work around town
  • sending a 'chain post card' around for people to add too and pass on
  • putting signs up in back alleys, e.g ' gonna regret this one?'
  • put jars around town labeled ' staff tips'
im going food shoppping at 6am and in this drunken state i am feeling confident enough to partake in my first 'guerilla art' i have made some tags saying, ' do you really need to buy this?' which i am going to hang off some clothes in Asda.. im starting small to build up my confidence,, i am feeling quite excited, the only downfall is that i dont get to experience the reactions.. and i may get strange looks, or even in trouble!! but it is all in the name of art and bringing back my insperation so bring it on!! wish me luck!!
will keep you posted :)

4 comments:

  1. Hi, I have just popped over from your Mums blog! Awe, I can fully understand your frustrations my lovely. Why is it that we have to 'work in the style of' :( I recently started an Art Journal & got pretty fed up of looking at so many others that are same-ish! Then someone told me to DO-NOT THINK!!! So now I just sketch & colour how I please hahaha!! Not that I am up to your standar - your nude is beautiful! Sorry for the waffle haha Good luck with it all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the idea I read about leaving wee works of art in unlikely places for other people to find.

    ReplyDelete
  3. when was Mr Brocolli knighted. I hope you get some work done soon and HOW MANY BOTTLES OF WINE DID YOU HAVE?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Wreck this Journal! I have given my students some of those pages as sketchbook assignments. Glad you were able to find some inspiration!

    ReplyDelete